Acupuncture has helped generations of women conceive and today there is a large body of evidence showing the effectiveness of acupuncture in fertility and conception. Whether you are trying to conceive naturally or are utilizing assisted reproductive techniques (ART), acupuncture and Chinese Medicine can help improve your bodies ability to conceive. Consider including Chinese Medicine in your pregnancy program to optimize your fertility.
Peggy includes nutritional and dietary information, as well as Chinese herbs if necessary, along with acupuncture.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) assists with the following:
- Increasing blood flow in the pelvic region by relaxing the blood vessels flowing into this area.
- Nourishing the developing follicles.
- Eggs that are better nourished.
- Improving fertile cervical mucous.
- Assisting in relaxing and a sense of well being.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) in ART
One of the most common forms of ART is In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF). Patients can prepare for this process by optimizing their reproductive health using general principles of TCM.
How TCM May Help You:
- Regulate hormones and lower elevated FSH levels.
- Increase ovarian function and the quality of eggs produced.
- Increase blood flow to the endometrial lining, thereby enhancing the chances of a successful implantation.
- Reduce the side effects of hormone therapy.
Pre/Post-IVF Transfer Treatments
One of the most important uses of TCM during an IVF treatment is what is commonly referred to as Pre- and Post-IVF treatments. The chances of conception increase when reproductive specific acupuncture is administered prior to and shortly after the embryo is transferred to the uterus during an IVF treatment. Post-transfer treatments can be done even the following day.
Given the financial and emotional investment of and IVF treatment, you owe it to yourself to explore this option before your next transfer.
Male Factor: It Takes Two
Chinese Medicine applies equally to male factor infertility. A males sperm count, poor motility, morphology, and sexual function can all be linked to the body’s imbalances that can be treated with great success with TCM.
Individual Treatment Plan
You are an individual. No person’s imbalances are identical to those of any one else. TCM diagnosis will include looking for the physiological changes in you tongue, taking your pulse, learning your complete health history, including exercise and lifestyle habits. A treatment plan will be created that is catered to your personal needs.